onsdag 6 maj 2009

"We're the reflection of imperfection,
We come from the infinite place of limitation
Rejoice in these days, make a correction,
We're the completion...

A man is just a man,
Filled of faults and weakness,
For a young Jerusalem all alone and speechless
Nighttime, nobody's home, roam streets in darkness

I feel I'm just a man, flesh and bones, homeless
Planting seeds, they won't sink in
I'm dried up, like the desert earth, how could these seeds give birth?
Water me down, liquify, I will not be cursed
From one into a million disperse

Wisdom reigns like water from heaven to below
Crush my earth, seeds now, garden start to grow
You know you've got to rise, though you like to flow
You can't keep staring out the window

Earth, water, wind, fire we stay low while getting higer
Spark igniter, fighting tired
Stay wired, enlighten loads
Stay alive, weep wail chant, cry, let out a sigh
Energized, give out my last dime, life shouldn't pass me by"

- Matisyahu, "Late Night in Zion